Alaska Crossings believes in helping youth make better, more disciplined, daily behavioral choices. Our programs help them identify, address and resolve some of the underlying psychological or emotional challenges that may have contributed to poor decision-making and their current struggles.
To accomplish this, vital importance is placed on developing a culture of positive and supportive relationships, providing care that is individualized to the unique needs of each participant. The program seeks to help youth improve their functioning day to day, and for that progress to be transferrable to their homes, schools and communities.
Our Mission Statement: Youth Succeed Here
- Alaska Crossings believes in the following Core Values:
- Recognizing and enhancing strengths.
- Providing individualized care.
- Empowering families to create positive change.
- Developing positive and supportive relationships.
- Teaching essential life skills.
- Embracing cultural diversity.
- Learning by experience.
- Using wilderness activity as a catalyst for change.